18 September 2006

A Busy Few Days

It's been a busy few days. On Thursday we went to Rythm Force at the Royal Military School of Music at Kneller Hall. It was 3 hours of Jazz, Rock, Big Band and other music showing how Army bandsman don't just walk up and down playing martial music!

On Saturday we went to a Steam Fair in Coxley Green near Watford - sorry, no photgraphs; I had the camera on the side to take and yet again forgot it! Basically, it's you standard fair but using all the old rides from the early 20th Century, which mean many of the rides are steam driven. It also show how times have changed, with a distinctly patriotic feel prevalent - so unfashionable these days with the Union Flag having been taken over by the far right. I loved the dodgems, but I always do! I was having a great time until my wife insisted on going on the Octopus. Now I love roller coasters etc, which my wife hates, but I just feel ill after Waltzers - and this was one that had the added complexity of spinning in the air! I felt distinctly average from about half way through.

As it was night the whole place was lit up and it looked great, and it was a nice warm evening too. My only regret is going on the Octopus ride - knocked me out for the rest of the night.

Some good news about our house sale, we should be exchanging today. I'm also contacting our relatives to see if they managed to get around the houses we wanted them to see over the weekend.

No comments: